Saturday, January 21, 2006

Dakota's First Doctor Visit

This morning was our baby's first visit to the vet and he did so good!

After looking him over very carefully, the doc gave him a doggie biscuit. While he gnawed on that, one of his vaccinations was given to him. He didn't even cry - which is saying a lot considering he is the most vocal dog I've ever known! All I can say is it must have been one damned good tasting treat for it to have captured his attention so well!

The lady at the front counter was super sweet to us too. She couldn't get over his front paws and honestly, neither can we. He has HUGE feet! They put him on the scales and at 8 weeks old, our baby weighed in at 16.6 pounds :). I know, we should be ashamed of ourselves for under-feeding him so badly lol.

I purchased How to Be Your Dog's Best Friend : A Training Manual for Dog Owners by The Monks of New Skete. I've heard some great things about their training methods, so I thought I'd give it a read and see.

Dakota will have to be trained well due to the fact he'll probably outweigh me lol. Plus, I want him to go everywhere with us. He already rides with us to take daughter to school and to pick her up. I'm hoping to keep that up so he can always be with us when we're out except when it's too hot during the summer.

Return To Top

2 comment(s):

It's surprising what even the most whiny dogs won't complain about... now if I could only get mine not to make a fuss at the vet's. Or at least to not pee herself when she has her temperature taken... oO

By Blogger Mauser*Girl, at January 25, 2006 12:50 PM &nbps;  

Oh ours is something else. He's a talker for sure. If I put him in the kennel while I'm gone for a few hours, when I get home he barks and whines at me for the first 20 minutes or so. I've never seen anything like it in my life. He has separation anxiety something awful...

By Blogger Shannon, at February 01, 2006 11:58 AM &nbps;  

Post a comment