Saturday, May 20, 2006

What a Way to End the Week...

Warning, not for the queasy

Thursday morning was fun. I put Dakota in the truck to take daughter to school, just like every morning. We get to the end of the block and he PUKES all over the front seat. Ughhh!

And then the smell hit us. The smell worried me, because it truly smelled like actual shit. I worried about stomach torsion, something that seems to be a problem in GSDs.

I roll down the windows, try to keep him still so he's not also wearing it. I get daughter to school, get back home and then SON starts heaving in the backseat.

THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!!!

Thankfully he gets the door open and is able to puke everywhere OUTSIDE of the truck...three times.

I get son settled and then get the dog settled and head out to the truck to clean up the mess. I start cleaning and what do I find? CAT LITTER. At least I know the dog isn't dying - just a damn idiot for eating CAT SHIT. Sheesh.

Turns out, son has an easy gag reflex. He said the smell is what made him toss up his breakfast...

End warning

So Thursday afternoon, we get outside so I can dig up the bare spots enough for grass seed. The metal rake wouldn't put a dent in the dry dirt. I had to get the shovel. On the really hard parts, I had to put the shovel in the dirt with my foot. On the not so hard parts, I could just twist it to break up the dirt. I had no idea there were so many bare spots until I got out there to do the work. My wonderful body lasted an hour the first day...with breaks every ten minutes or so. It didn't help it was 90+ degrees.

By Friday morning, I was back out there. I felt like crap from the day before and didn't even last an hour. I'm almost done though...I guess this evening when it cools off enough I'll get out there with the grass seed and do that part.

Just really defeating, to be quite honest. Five years ago, I could have finished it all in an afternoon, with no breaks and then went and cleaned out the pond. Now, I can't do anything it seems without gritting my teeth and just forcing myself to try to ignore how bad I'm hurting and then regretting doing that the rest of the night. Thursday night I was up every two hours because I just couldn't lay there anymore without wanting to cry. Makes for waking up in a GREAT mood when you've not slept the night before...

Now we're off to get groceries. Yeah, great fun. Gosh I HATE grocery shopping. Thankfully, we don't need much. So hopefully we'll be in and out pretty quickly.

Ok, done whining now...

Return To Top

0 comment(s):

Post a comment