Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We're Alive....

Today was my regular doc appointment. Little guy and I are STILL coughing, but feel better. My doc, LTC M., gets little guy on the table and says he thinks it's viral. I tell him I gave him his inhaler this morning at 5:30 because his chest was so tight when he woke me up. He asks why he has an inhaler and I explain that whenever he gets a cold, it goes straight to his chest. The two times we've taken him to urgent care, they've given him a steroid, breathing treatment and the inhaler. He agrees this is what we should do now.

Then he has me hop up on the table. Ok, so this old body no longer "hops" anywhere, but I get up there. He says I'm walking like an old lady and I tell him that is because the coughing doesn't help my medical problem and makes me hurt worse. He listens to the belly, then has me sit up so he can listen to my lungs. He says, "You're wheezing too!"

I know I am because when I take a deep breath I can feel it crackle in there. Ughh.

So, little guy and I are now both on steroids. We both now have inhalers. And no, neither one of us has asthma thank goodness.

Hopefully this will do it and we'll be all better soon :).

And my doc is deploying to Iraq and then retiring. I just want to CRY. I cannot explain how much I like him, how easy he is to talk to, what a great personality he has, how caring he is to me, my husband and my children...and how much he has done to help me with my medical problems. My last doc I really liked, but we had over a year to get to know each other and form a working relationship (which is essential when you have a chronic health problem). I've had this doc since August and I feel like I've known him my entire life. I'm really going to miss him...I trust him and I dread, DREAD starting all over again with someone new (big whine....sob sob sob).

Ok, I'm done with my pity-party for one now ;). Thanks for listening.

Return To Top

0 comment(s):

Post a comment