Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Few Quick Updates...

I believe when we last left off in the Cold and Flu-Fest of 2006 we were all on the mend.

Well, that didn't last long.

Daughter was diagnosed with Strep Throat in the beginning of April. Husband then caught the cough part of daughter's latest bout of sickness. Around the 11th, the cough got a hold of me and is still refusing to let go. Last weekend I started losing my voice and I'm still really hoarse. The chest and nasal congestion is driving me nuts. Ughh.

Last weekend, despite neither one of us feeling great, we worked on the yard. I sprayed the grass down with weed killer. The Dandelions were trying to take over. We took trips to Walmart, Lowes and Home Depot and bought flowers. Daughter and I planted these pretty cascading flowers in the planters by the front porch's steps. We put our ferns on each side by the front door and hung up the hanging baskets that are just FULL of dark purple colored petunias. It's really starting to look a lot like spring around here.

I had several things I wanted to do this week in the house, but I've felt like crap all week and ended up doing nothing more than lots of coughing. I was suppose to go buy groceries today, but decided to spend another day coughing in the privacy of my own home. I have to get out tomorrow (Friday) regardless, so I rationalized staying home today by convincing myself that since I HAD to get out tomorrow, I could buy groceries then.

Tomorrow I take little guy to register for Kindergarten for the 2006/07 school year. I cannot believe he's already old enough to start getting ready for school. He sure is excited, so I'm looking forward to watching his reaction to everything...

This weekend, we're planning on laying low. Try to nap a lot, drink lots of fluids, eat some good food and then nap some more. Hopefully, now that it is warmed up, if we get a lot of rest, we'll finally kick this stuff for good.

Return To Top

1 comment(s):

I hope you all recover fully very soon!

Hugs

By Blogger Gail, at April 21, 2006 6:53 AM &nbps;  

Post a comment