Monday, May 08, 2006

Blog Moms, Dads, Daughters etc.

Ok, can someone please explain this latest phenomenon to me?

I've read on several blogs here lately, "My BlogDad..." or "My BlogDaughter said..." or similar references to a blog-family type of thing.

What in the heck is this? Does someone adopt you as their online, blogging daughter/child - or do the "children" pick a blogger they think would be a good parent to them lol?

Just don't get it and thought someone might could take pity on me and explain thangs ;).

Return To Top

3 comment(s):

I don't know how it started but I reckon it is a honorary title given to the one who talks you into starting a blog--and in my case my blog momma is also the one who taught me how to set mine up and spent many hours keeping me out of trouble and repairing my mistakes until I learned to do it myself.

By Blogger GUYK, at May 09, 2006 11:39 AM &nbps;  

Ah, I see! That makes perfect sense!! Thanks Guy for filling me in.

Now, if I could just bribe you into sending me some of those great lookin' pole beans of yours lol :). Can't find them things here at our current duty station unfortunately. Enjoy them for me...cooked with some good ol' southern bacon grease lol, salt and lots of love!

Damn, not even 9 am and I'm craving pole beans, a big roast, some carrots and tender potatoes...

By Blogger Shannon, at May 10, 2006 6:51 AM &nbps;  

I have never even heard of blog children or blog parents... though there are some folks over on Deviant Art who are virtually married and referring to their "DA husband" or wife. *lol*

By Blogger Mauser*Girl, at May 11, 2006 2:53 PM &nbps;  

Post a comment