Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Another Good-Bye

Yep, it's that time again. Time for us to start preparing for the year apart. First, we get thirty or so days preparation courtesy of the Army...well, more than likely 29 1/2 days considering our luck. Can't do the full 30 days or they have to pay separation pay ya know. One year, due to two planes in a row having mechanical problems and the flights being delayed, husband was just a few hours from the full thirty days and folks jumped through hoops to get them out of there lol.

We celebrated daughter's birthday early this year since husband would be gone on her birthday. She had a great time and I was thankful husband was here to share in it with us. Next year will suck for sure though...just that typical black cloud hanging around here. Even during good times, you can't help but have the deployment cloud hanging over everything and that sense of dread dangling around the edges.

I only have one project planned for this separation though. I'm going to paint our kitchen cabinets. I have the sandpaper, the primer, paint and brushes. Now I just need the motivation heh heh. Maybe by this weekend I'll feel like fooling with it. If not, maybe the next. I have plenty of time, so maybe I'll do like I normally do and put it off until the very last minute lol. That way, I can drive myself nuts worrying about the procrastination, yet not doing anything productive.

Well, we're off to the backyard. Thankfully, the city park is only two blocks from here, so we can stand in our backyard and watch the fireworks show. No traffic, no rude people and unruly children... After the mosquitoes have eaten us up, we can come back in without having to fight traffic or crowds. It just doesn't get any better than that ;).

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July.

Return To Top

3 comment(s):

I have always admired the courage and 'can do attitude' of military wives. Too often the public forgets the hardships that a military family endures during deployments. It is a tough life during the best of times. As you know the military comes first in the military members life and that alone makes it tough on a family. But that is the way it has to be and I am proud of you and all those countless thousands of others..including my sweetthing who had my back on the homefront for years..who have learned the self sufficiency to endure while their man is gone for months at a time. Thanks for a job well done.

By Blogger GUYK, at July 06, 2006 5:46 PM &nbps;  

Good to "see" you back! I'll be sharing that awful deployment cloud with you here soon. I must say it is comforting in some sense to know that your dh will be there at the same time.


Sorry about the Wal-Mart idiots. Sounds like you've been shopping at the same Wal-Marts I shop at. Drives me NUTS. And the on-ramp thing? Yeah - don't ever come to Hawaii. They actually have YIELD signs on their on-ramps. Drives me crazy.


Anyway, good to see you back!

By Blogger Fermina Daza, at July 08, 2006 11:50 AM &nbps;  

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers. I'm very sorry you guys have to go through this again, and especially so soon.



PS. This would like to smack the rest of the soccer moms of the world for giving me a bad rap LOL

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 12, 2006 6:08 AM &nbps;  

Post a comment