Friday, July 28, 2006

Update on the Water Leak

and other ramblings:

Tuesday the plumber showed up. They ran a new line from the meter out front to the house. There was no need to dig up the old one and try to patch it. It's almost 100 years old and if they'd repaired it, another leak would have probably sprung due to the increase in pressure. New pipe and the rust removed from the hot water side of our tub and all was well regarding the water situation.

They told me to watch for leaks elsewhere. With the increase in pressure, it could cause other problems. Yesterday, I noticed both my toilets were running constantly. I called and they came out today. More rust issues...but it was a quick fix thankfully.

Now, the only issue is the huge piles of dirt I now have in the front yard. It won't be long until husband gets home, so I'm just leaving the dirt for now. We're back into the 100s this week, so getting out there and moving that dirt is not something I want to do by myself.

If all goes as planned (fingers crossed) husband should be home in time to enjoy next weekend. We plan on buying a new air conditioner and installing it Saturday morning. While he moves dirt around Saturday afternoon, I plan on cleaning our front porch from top to bottom. Seems the spiders have taken over again. So, I'll get out there with a small brush and knock down the spider webs. Then, I'll get soapy water and wash the banisters and the floor. I'm also planning on getting some spray paint and painting our wicker furniture. It's currently white, but that blends in with the porch since it's also white. It's been on the porch for three years now, so it really needs some touching up. I'm thinking I might paint them a deep maroon color and then make slip covers for the cushions in a forest green. I thought that might really add some color to the front porch and liven it up a bit since all these 100 degree days (well, weeks actually) has killed off my flowers and are working on killing my ferns. In September when it's hopefully cooler, I'll plant more grass seed and finally buy the bushes I want and get them planted.

Today we're working on getting this house back into some kind of order. The babies' rooms seemed to have crept (exploded might be more accurate lol) down the stairs and throughout the house. They are working on cleaning up their rooms and I'll go up in a bit and help them organize. I've already dusted and cleaned the bathrooms...now I just need to get the babies' rooms done and vacuum.

I'm thinking tonight I might partake in some adult beverage. There's some beer in the fridge leftover from New Years. Yeah, we're BIG drinkers around here lol. Anyhow, I thought I might have a beer and stain the woodwork on the doorway leading into the living room.

I'm not a drinker at all, but this staying up until 4 in the morning has got to go. If I do go to bed, I wake up two hours after I went to bed and can't go back to sleep. Husband said to try drinking a beer or two, so I may. If I can get passed the smell lol. Mother said to drink a glass of wine, but I don't like wine - not to mention it gives me a headache after just a few sips. This insomnia has been going on for almost two weeks, so I'm now desperate enough to try drinking a beer. I bought some Excedrin PM and that didn't help, so I'm not confident the beer will do anything either. Oh well, we'll see.

I guess that's all that is going on around here. We went yesterday and bought groceries and got little guy's hair cut, so we don't have to fight the heat this weekend. I stopped by the dealership on the way out of town to see if they knew when the new Jeep 4 door Wrangler Unlimited would be hitting the lot. He said September/October, but they had one coming in sooner. It was the Rubicon though and I'm not wanting the Rubicon's price tag lol. He did give me a printout though and said they could order me exactly what I wanted and it'd be here in 6-8 weeks. I talked to husband last night about it. The plan is, the salesman is going to call me when the Rubicon gets in so we can test drive it. If we like it, then we'll go ahead and order me a black one. If you haven't seen it, stop by the Jeep Website and check it out. I sure hope it rides as great as it looks :).

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Til next time...

Return To Top

2 comment(s):

Sorry about the insomnia. I hate when I can't sleep and it makes every other inconvenience/irritation a big deal.

I hope your hubby gets home soon and that you are done with the gremlins/curse for the rest of the year (decade?). Just don't send them MY way.

By Blogger Fermina Daza, at July 30, 2006 7:36 PM &nbps;  

Shannon, you may want to try 100 to 150 mg of diphenhydramine HCI an hour before bed. They come in 25mg capsules (small) It's BENADRYL... an antihistamine, but I get Walgreen's "Wal-dryl" much cheaper version. The syndicated columnist "Dr Gott" has mentioned a couple times. He recommends to patients unless they can't take antihistamines. A bottle of 200 is $12.99, so about 26 cents/day at 100mg dose. I've taken for about 4 years. Best regards.

By Blogger Larry, at August 07, 2006 5:25 PM &nbps;  

Post a comment