Sunday, January 21, 2007

Damn Snow...

I'd bet we got over 4 inches of snow yesterday. My car is completely covered...it's so deep, the dogs' bellies are just shy of being in the snow. Gosh I'm sick of snow. And, having to drive in this mess tomorrow morning just scares the shit out of me.

Yes, after four years in Alaska, I can drive in the snow and ice better than most people in this particular state. I just miss my Explorer and am kicking myself in the ass right now for buying this Mustang and not buying either another Explorer or the Jeep. That Mustang has the traction control shit on it, but honestly - it's not much help on ice. That rear end still wants to slide out from under you if you're not real careful and the antilock brakes do a lot of popping.

This snow is so deep compared to last weekend's snow, I really do dread getting out tomorrow morning to take the babies to school. Guess I'll get out there this afternoon and try to at least get most of the snow off the damn thing so I don't have to do it tomorrow morning.

Just damn.

Return To Top

4 comment(s):

After my time in Alaska I wanted no more of the black ice and sub zero weather..so here I am in sunny Florida bitchin' about the weather being 36F this morning..

By Blogger GUYK, at January 26, 2007 7:51 AM &nbps;  

I'd do anything for snow! All we got here is muddy rain, and if we're lucky, fog...

By Blogger Jingo, at February 03, 2007 10:53 AM &nbps;  

I know the feeling. I don't know what I was thinking turning my Expedition into a freaking car. yes, we lived in the city at the time where it made more sense but he had to move me to the mountains! Crap.

Hang in there.

By Blogger Hope4Grace, at February 10, 2007 7:35 PM &nbps;  

You could always go and trade in the Mustang for a different vehicle. ;)

When we had our big bout of ice at the end of January, I actually saw a Mustang pass us on the Interstate. Minutes later we saw the same car spinning 360 degrees in the center lane.

YIKES. I about peed myself and I was all set and ready to spend the rest of the night waiting for an ambulance in the cold, but he didn't actually cause an accident by some miracle.

But I tell you, with that kind of weather, I've been very glad to have a Ford Escape with four wheel drive.

By Blogger Mauser*Girl, at February 13, 2007 1:32 AM &nbps;  

Post a comment