Sunday, December 17, 2006

My Police Dog

Back in January, I wrote about Our New Baby, Dakota. In May, I finally put some photos up of him.

Last week, I was taking some photos of the babies to email husband. Dakota wasn't sure what the evil camera was up to, but apparently he was sure it must be up to no good. He was determined to make it clear that it was to stay away from him and his little people heh heh. He stood off to the side while I took a pic of the babies and unleashed his police dog bark. We couldn't help but laugh at his reaction to the camera. What a goof :).

Husband wanted a picture of Dakota too, so he could see how much our puppy has grown since he left. As you can imagine, turning the camera on him went over about as well as I'd imagine a ham sam'ich would go over at CAIR meeting.

He listens well and would sit when I told him to, he just wouldn't stop protesting long enough for me to get a decent picture of his pretty face. If you've ever seen the movie K-9 with Jim Belushi and how Jerry Lee, the German Shepherd, would grumble and groan, then you have an idea of what my pup was doing. He also does this when he's being scolded for something. Honestly, he talks back more than my children ever have - and he always tries to get the last word in.

Anywho, once I'd stopped taking pics of the babies, he put his police dog bark away. When I turned the camera on him, he started his grumbling that includes a type of bark/howl that is hard to describe in words and do it any justice. Here is a picture of him in mid growl/howl though ROTFL, protesting to high heaven about having his picture taken. He's so abused and mistreated lol...

Return To Top

3 comment(s):

He's beautiful! My brother raised police K9's for years and I've been priveleged to be in the company of some gorgeous examples of German Shepards, but your guy is amazing! I love their 'talkback' too...such personality in that breed.

By Blogger Sue, at December 19, 2006 8:40 AM &nbps;  

Oh Sue, how neat would that be??! Police K9s are just amazing! Our next door neighbor is retired and his police dog retired with him...gosh he's a smart dog!

I agree, they have such wonderful personalities!! My baby has turned out to be my closest friend. Wherever I am, he wants to be...and he has a heart of gold for sure. I don't think I'll ever want another breed of dog. He's the smartest pup we've ever had...and is so good with our children.

By Blogger Shannon, at December 19, 2006 1:56 PM &nbps;  

German Shepherds are awesome! Growing up, my neighbor had one. His name was Cowboy. SMART dog. Loving, loyal, protective of all of the kids in the neighborhood. We loved him.

ANd you're right - they have incredible personalities! That's a great picture!

By Blogger Fermina Daza, at December 20, 2006 7:09 PM &nbps;  

Post a comment