Wednesday, August 23, 2006

And Then There Were None...

School started here yesterday. It's hard to believe my baby is old enough for Kindergarten. He has the same teacher daughter had five years ago...

Husband started his block leave last Friday. It was wonderful having him with us to buy all the school supplies and on our son's first day of school - especially since next year he'll miss it all.

I walked son to class yesterday. I was lucky - I delayed the tears until I was out of his classroom and didn't really get the water-works going until daughter was dropped off at her school. Of course husband isn't a crier like I am, but neither one of us knew what to do once we got home. We both walked around like we were lost. This old house was W A Y too quiet. As Ron on Kim Possible would say, "This is just sick and wrong!"

For the first time in nine years, we don't have any children in the house during the day. It feels so odd. Although I'm happy that both our sweeties are loving school this year, I can't help but be a bit sad at the same time. Another chapter in our lives begins - which unfortunately closes our chapter on small children.

Both of our children are now in school. And then there were none at home.

What's going to be really hard is when husband deploys here soon. I'll be here all day by myself - and then I'll be by myself at night too since our little ones go to bed early on school nights. Yep, I'll need to find a job or something. Otherwise, I'll be nuts after a month of so much quiet.

Return To Top

0 comment(s):

Post a comment