Friday, August 25, 2006

Our Quiet Days...

As I mentioned, husband is on block leave. He is not one to do well sitting around the house. He has to be doing something. He'd made this huge list of things we need to get at Lowes and has been wanting to go all week. With both our little ones now in school, I honestly just couldn't get it together this week. I didn't feel like going anywhere and would have gladly stayed locked in the house ha!

Yesterday, we'd agreed to make the 40 minute drive to Lowes. We ended up not making it, so instead, we downsized some of the little ones' stuff that was cluttering up our desk. We'd bought them a plastic storage container with a lid to keep all their craft supplies in and somehow, the supplies (paper, broken crayons, dried up clay et al) had multiplied and taken over. It sure looks nice back there now. We also washed lamp shades, dusted, vacuumed etc. Stuff right up his alley - Mr. Meticulous cannot stand dust or clutter :).

Today we finally made it out of the house. We decided to go to Home Depot instead of Lowes. It's in the opposite direction of Lowes, but about the same distance from home. On the way back, we went ahead and stopped by the commissary and knocked out the grocery shopping. Husband was happy - we got out of the house :).

We also stopped by a few Jeep dealerships. I looked at a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Even though the 2007 is going to be bigger, I just wasn't that impressed when I sat in it. Ughh. The warranty has run on the Explorer, so we're ready to get rid of it...but I just can't find anything that I really like. Well, I like the Jeep Commander, but I refuse to spend that much. The salesman here in town asked me what was wrong with the price of this black Commander...I told him I planned to drive the thing, not live in it. Sheesh...vehicles are just outrageous these days.

At any rate, that's about it. Cleaning and shopping. The excitement...I know you can't believe we're so wild ha!

Return To Top

2 comment(s):

Yep, new vehicles are overpriced for what we get I think. The New Dige Ram I bought this year cost nearly as much as my double wide..but thats the way us rednecks are. Wait until you see this pontoon boat I am planning on gettin'

By Blogger GUYK, at August 25, 2006 4:52 PM &nbps;  

Hey, go easy on Mr. Meticulous, Shannon! It's apparently that military discipline. You know, there's no law says that when a warranty expires it's time to dump the jalopy. I kept my last Grand Caravan over 17 years! Bought this one 23 months ago. Has the "Stow-n-Go" fold-down seating which is MUCH better than the old lift-em-out approach.

By Blogger Larry, at August 27, 2006 6:54 PM &nbps;  

Post a comment