Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The New Car

I mentioned that husband and I had been looking at cars. I had my heart set on the new Jeep Unlimited. After sitting in one though, I knew there was no way I could own one with my health issues. It'd bounce me too much. The Explorer was a pretty smooth ride, but even in it, the 35 minute drive to post gets to me. Long trips...well, there's no vehicle that can make that easy. The Jeep would have killed me there was no doubt.

The Explorer's warranty had ran and with husband deploying, the last thing I needed was a vehicle that I couldn't depend on. The transmission had been repaired three times, but thankfully it all was prior to the warranty running. The entire instrument panel had to be replaced after the gas gauge crapped out. Two windows - both had to have the power window motors replaced. All this before it even had 30,000 miles on it. As you can see, it didn't have a good track record. As that odometer crept over 40,000, we couldn't help but worry what would go next on it and how much it would cost us.

The problem was, I'd done a lot of research on the Jeep and hadn't seen anything else that I was remotely interested in that was also in my price range. Husband was on leave, so it was the perfect time to look. One afternoon after we picked up the babies from school, husband said we should ride up to the dealership here in town again and look around. We'd purchased the Explorer from them and husband's Mustang. They've always been more than fair on trade-in values and coming off prices of their vehicles to work us a good deal.

We get there and find out that Ford is offering 0% interest. And, I don't care who you are, you just can't beat that lol. The problem was, I'm not a fan of the Escape and the only Explorer they had sported this horrible baby-poop brown interior.

Several months back, they'd gotten in this red Mustang GT that was just gorgeous. With husband having the regular Mustang and both of us loving the new, old take on this classic, when we saw the red one, we had stopped in to drool.

So, husband says I should test drive the red GT. I say no. If I drive it I'll want it and there's no point in that. We already have one...he says no, we don't have a GT. I say we have two dogs, he says we board them, so it's not like they take trips with us. I say when we move...he says he's retiring when he gets back and we're not moving. I say...and he says, just drive the damn thing!

And I did...

And here she is, sitting outside my house.



And yes, I'm now officially in my mid-life crisis :)

Return To Top

1 comment(s):

Ya know, they're beautiful cars. I've had a few looks myself...

I have my Cabrio though and it's my baby for now.

By Blogger Sue, at September 14, 2006 7:12 PM &nbps;  

Post a comment