Friday, November 10, 2006

No Surprise....

I've been seeing the accent quiz all over the blogosphere this week. I knew what mine would say if it was accurate...

And of course it was accurate heh heh:

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The South

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

The Northeast
Philadelphia
The Midland
The Inland North
The West
Boston
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


I readily admit that I have a thick southern accent when husband is gone. Yes, moreso than when he's home. Why? Well, because I talk to my parents a heck of a lot more when husband is gone and in doing so, my southern accent gets - well, worse lol, for lack of a better term.

Whether I'm at Wal-Mart or on post, I get the same question over and over, "WHERE are you from?"

My standard reply usually gets a laugh: "Well, I was born in Georgia and raised in Alabama, so I guess you could say I'm double southern."

One of these days, I'm going to say, "I'm from New Jersey. Why?" and see what kind of reaction I get LMAO!

Return To Top

1 comment(s):

Apparently, I'm Midland. The only states I've never visited. ;-) Of course, I've been told I sound british on certain words (although I can't see it) and can up the southern twang on certain words in certain situations.

Interesting quiz!

By Blogger Sue, at November 10, 2006 9:43 AM &nbps;  

Post a comment