Thursday, September 14, 2006

My Books Arrived...

Husband and I ordered several books last weekend. He ordered two on flipping houses. A business he and a buddy are considering starting when they get back from Iraq and retire. Husband is excellent with numbers and budgets and his buddy is a genius when it comes to fixing up houses. They'd be a good match for sure. We're talking about me looking into getting a real estate license while they are gone and we'll have another base covered.

I ordered Boortz's The Fair Tax Book and The Blog of War by Matthew Currier Burden.

Figure I'll start them both next week. Election season is coming up. Find out who supports the Fair Tax and then find out if they also share your politics. If so, then, vote for 'em.

Return To Top

2 comment(s):

Although reral estate has peaks and valleys it is not a bad business to be in. People are gonna have to have a place to live regardless of what kind of shape the economy is in. I know a couple of different retired USAF types who went into the business after they retired and bought run down homes in good locations and renovated them and resold for a good profit..always thousands of dollars more than they had in the places. I was offered a chance to go in business with one of them but it sounded too much like work to me and I was happy in the fishing industry.

By Blogger GUYK, at September 14, 2006 2:28 PM &nbps;  

Not sure that Matt's book is the one you want to be reading right now...but it IS good. I have to take it slow - it's personal and it hits hard. But it's one helluva read.

By Blogger Fermina Daza, at September 19, 2006 2:26 AM &nbps;  

Post a comment