Saturday, October 28, 2006

What a Morning...

Actually my Friday night never ended. It just went straight into Saturday with less than two hours of sleep.

Starting yesterday, little guy got his yearly barking cough. I had the doc prescribed cough medicine and runny nose medicine. Tried that - nada. Went to the store and bought Triaminic Night Time Cold and Cough. Tried that - nada. Vicks Vapor Rub - nada. Inhaler - nada. My poor baby coughed all NIGHT long. At 1 am, I gave him more Triaminic. At 2:30 I finally got on the couch. At 4, I hear this wheezing noise in between coughs. I jump up off the couch (well, the best my broke ass can jump anyway) and my poor baby is sitting in his Daddy's recliner - sick as a dog.

It's too soon for any more medicine. So, by 5 I'm in the shower and by 6 am, we're on the road to post so I can get him seen at the Urgent Care Clinic. The Doc said his X-ray was a bit cloudy, but he thinks it's a virus. They gave him a breathing treatment and he seemed so much better after that. They sent us home with another inhaler and instructions on when to be seen again if he's not better in a week.

It was almost 10 when we got back into town and stopped at BK to get them something for breakfast. We get through the drive through when little guy says he has to go tinkle NOW. I ask him if he can wait just four more minutes and he says yes. Well, the closer we get to home, the more he can't wait. I speed up and coming over the bridge I see a policeman. I hit my breaks, but I know it's too late. He saw me - and unfortunately, although I do love my car, it just doesn't blend in.

As I start across the bridge, I see him turning around, so I slow down even more. I get over the hill on the bridge and another policeman is sitting at the foot of the bridge. Now, maybe it was just a coincidence, but in our small town - I've never seen anything like that before. Surely they didn't think I was going to run??!

I get across the bridge and down the road a bit. The policeman is behind me and now he hits his lights. I'm half a block from the left turn to my house, so I turn on my blinker to let him know I see him and I'll be turning left to pull over. Even though my house is on the other end of the block, I don't want to keep going and him think I'm not going to stop, so I go ahead and pull over. He's getting out of his car and I get out of mine and explain I have a little guy who is about to tinkle his pants and that's why I was in such a hurry. He asks if I live right there on the corner and I say, "Yes, sir." I'd just hoped he would follow me the half a block to our house so I could open the door and little guy could run in to the bathroom while I get my license, registration and insurance.

He asks if I know why he pulled me over and I say, "Yes, sir." I explained that we'd left for the ER at the Army base at 6 this morning and was just getting back home. That little guy didn't tell me he needed to go until we'd gotten through BK (Burger King) and although he said he could hold it, the closer we got the less he could hold it. He said to just go ahead and go get him in the house before he messed up my backseat.

The bad thing is, I'm SO tired and I was in such a hurry for little guy, I don't know if I said THANK YOU to him :(. I was truly in the wrong for speeding and he was too nice to let me off the hook like that. I really hope I said thank you.

Poor little guy, after the morning he had - and then having to hold it while Mommy got pulled over...how terrible. Once the policeman cut me loose, I got back in the car, got us in front of our house and got him out. Daughter just sat in the car lol. He had to go so bad, he had to run to the door holding everything in place :(. I got the door open and him inside, then went back out to get daughter, breakfast, medicine and son's dog stuffed animal he took with him.

Gosh what a morning.

I emailed husband and told him about our adventures this morning. I also told him if I didn't start keeping my foot out of this car, I'm going to have to get rid of it and go back to driving a Honda Civic with a 4 cylinder. Apparently I had more sense at 16 years old driving a muscle car with a 400 big block, 6.6 liter V8 than I have in my 30s driving a 300 horsepower, 4.6 liter V8. Go freaking FIGURE.

Return To Top

4 comment(s):

Poor kid. Mine son has had to water the tires during certain emergencies.

I've got two small girls now with even smaller bladders can't do the tire thing with them. We make lots of pit stops now.

By Blogger none, at October 28, 2006 7:42 PM &nbps;  

I should have stopped, but I was so darned tired and I just wanted to get us home. Next time, I'll definitely stop at the gas station (we only passed four on the way home) or something. Beats the heck out of getting pulled over, that's for sure.

By Blogger Shannon, at October 29, 2006 5:29 PM &nbps;  

I've been pulled over for speeding in my 4 cylinders than I ever was driving the Mustang with the 289 V8. With her, I *knew* how fast I was going because I could FEEL it. With the newer 4 cylinders, they are so smooth that it's easy to forget how fast you're going.

Glad you made it home in time for him to hit the potty.

By Blogger Fermina Daza, at October 30, 2006 11:48 PM &nbps;  

Have you seen the new Shelby? They have one at a dealership about 35 minutes from us and it's GORGEOUS! I'm in love with the Shelby, but I can't afford a new one for $65,000 or an old one for $120,000 rusted out lol. Daddy had a 69 GT350 with a four speed. Daddy says if you were going 70, you KNEW you were going 70. That motor was wide open with no 5th gear. It was the same with my 400...you knew - shake, rattle and roll lol.

This one though - the suspension, engine, transmission...I hit the on-ramp and merge - sure I'm just getting to 70 and damn if it doesn't say 85. It just doesn't FEEL like 85. I know exactly what you mean!

Husband was the king of getting tickets in our 4cyl Civic lol. Me, it apparently takes racing through our downtown lol.

By Blogger Shannon, at October 31, 2006 6:31 AM &nbps;  

Post a comment