Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Good Cry...

Guess we all need one once in a while. This was my morning I guess.

I was watching something on the military channel about Germany's special forces taking out some dirtbag terrorists in the late 70s before taking the babies to school. When I got back, I fixed my coffee, turned on the computer and sat down in front of the TV.

A show I usually avoid was now on the military channel. It's something about homecomings. Well, before I could turn it, I was already interested in the story. The first one was about an injured soldier going back to FT Hood to welcome his best friend home. A friend who also saved his life in Iraq. His leg was amputated but his friend saved him. These two guys seeing each other for the first time since he was injured...well,

Insert copious amounts of tears here.

The next story was about a NG soldier whose wife was deployed. What a great young man...he ran a daycare in his home and was like the Dad of the block for all the children with deployed parents. He was possibly being called up and she wasn't home yet. It all works out and she comes home...all three of their children burst into tears at the anticipation of seeing Mommy. Reminded me of daughter doing so good until we were waiting for husband...then she just lost it and sobbed. And I mean put her face in her hands and sobbed. I'd never seen her cry like that and haven't since. Assume I will next year when husband finally comes home...

More tears.

So, to change pace, I turned the channel to some murder case on A&E. I then run by Grouchy Old Cripple to read some good politickin'. Instead, he has this post Poster Girl. If you've not seen this video of an Australian singer...it's worth it.

Even more tears.

DAMN. Enough already lol.

I know. I'll go do laundry. Surely I can't find anything to cry about folding a ton of clothes LMAO.

Return To Top

0 comment(s):

Post a comment